Sylvester Stallone: "rocky's A Christian"

<< < (7/24) > >>

linda marie:

I heard Stallone give his "testimony" on WoTM today.

Nothing about repentance, nothing about being confronted with his sin. Nothing about faith in Christ.

I know the goats here will call me all sorts of names for this, but I just don't see any Biblical reason to consider him a Christian.
How did I miss this????

It's so wonderful having you back, Mike!!!

How did we discern anything without you!!!

linda marie

mikemck:

What about tithing and water baptism?

http://www.wayofthemaster.c...ples.shtml
What about them?

Tithing is never commanded under the New Covenant and baptism is a testimony to being crucified with Christ and raised in Him. It comes and a result of salvation, not as a means to salvation.

mikemck:

Isn't it cool that nothing and no one in Heaven or earth hangs on what a fallen human can make a case for or against?

Yeah.  It is cool.

No one has said that it does.

I can't make a case that you're born again.

But those who know me can.

No, I mean, I really can't. (Been reading you for years ) I see primarily a bushel of judgment fruit. But, see, I'm not God.  So like yours, my judgment is irrelevant.

Judgemental fruit? Excuse me, but you all are the ones who are judging me!

Since you're not God, God IS God, and I see God giving Sylvester a visible platform where he's giving a humble testimony that was glorifying to God

Show us where in Stallone's testimony he ever says anything about repentance or faith in Christ.

Just one example.

even if it wasn't satisfactory to some, I don't know, guy, somewhere, I'm gonna have to consider Sylvester's earnest testimony on a RADICALLY Christianity endorsed website at least tertiary evidence that he's saved (though i question his publicity advisors) and your accusational heart, judgmental language and pretty dang defensive posture at least a small degree of evidence that you're not.

That's certainly up to you.

We don't get to judge whether each of our testimonies are good enough.

Actually, we do.

Besides, when we do that, it only looks mean and makes people sad. So mybe, I don't know, consider that.

I'd rather look mean to somebody who doesn't know the Bible than look disobedient to the One who wrote the Bible.

Now, let's talk about Kirk Cameron...

Yes, by all means, let's change the subject before your disobedience and Biblical ignorance is put on display.

lost.and.found:

Tithing is never commanded under the New Covenant and baptism is a testimony to being crucified with Christ and raised in Him. It comes and a result of salvation, not as a means to salvation.
So, since tithing is \"never commanded under the New Covenant\", you can be saved and not tithe, correct?

mikemck:

No offense sir but I perfer the life of liberty in all things even if it is a false sense of it.
And I prefer the Word of God to your Gospel According to Oprah.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page