Freedom and Grace Forums
April 18, 2014, 01:07:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: freedomandgrace.com is alive!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which of the 5 candidates running for President in 2012 do you support?
Mitt Romney - 1 (7.1%)
Ron Paul - 6 (42.9%)
Rick Santorum - 2 (14.3%)
Newt Gingrich - 0 (0%)
Barack Obama - 5 (35.7%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: A Poll: Who should be president?  (Read 4766 times)
linda marie

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2012, 04:47:07 PM »

ok.  so that may not have been the nicest comment i've ever made.  i apologize.

but i still think people continuing to say that president obama is a muslim and that he is not a u.s. citizen is more than a bit bizarre.

‎"I am a little world made cunningly of elements and an angelic sprite."
-John Donne
poppy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2012, 03:44:44 PM »

I agree LA, he didn't get there by his own merit.
He's a turtle up on a post.
Where have all the good men gone that could oppose him?
I find it disturbing that this group is the best the GOP has to offer. It fact I think it incredible.

While only a small group, the 11 voters are split up just like it usually happens, about 1/3 for the incumbent and 2/3 splashed across the board.
This will play into BHO's hand in November
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 03:50:33 PM by poppy » Logged

Before Abraham was; I am
linda marie

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2012, 03:50:46 PM »

i'm not sure i'm surprised that this group is all the GOP could muster up.  seems to me most reasonable people would want to be their own person.  they wouldn't want to be controlled by "the party"...

-John Donne
another beloved child of HIS

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2012, 04:39:30 PM »

To Jeff the nasty -

page 3 of this thread:

Anyway I knew it was a fun thing to add to get the Republicans riled up. lol...

Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed.
Herman Melville
The G Man

Artist formerly known as Carolina

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2012, 05:36:18 PM »

Any specific reason why people still like Barack Obama?

I don't dislike him, I just think he didn't deliver so time for change!

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going
linda marie

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2012, 11:25:53 AM »

i think president obama has done a lot -- especially considering that the "number one goal" of the GOP has been been to obstruct everything he does to try to keep him from being re-elected.

the republicans have not totally been able to prevent the president from doing a lot.  but he doesn't seem to "waste his time" bragging.  he continues to work.

here's a guy who lists what he thinks our president has done.  if you're really interested, give it a read...

http://pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/main/what-has-obama-done-since-january-20-2009.html

-John Donne
mybigGod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2012, 05:47:15 PM »

Obama Faces Tough Fight for 2012

Monday, 06 Jun 2011 04:00 PM

President Barack Obama is in for a tough re-election campaign in 2012, according to the results of a new Newsmax online poll.

The survey of more than 90,000 respondents found that only 27 percent plan to vote to re-elect the president, while 69 percent will vote for another candidate.

The Newsmax poll is updated continuously, and you still can vote in this poll — Click Here Now.

The poll reflects widespread dissatisfaction with Obama’s policies.

Respondents strongly oppose the plan the president favors to give amnesty to illegal aliens.

They believe even more strongly that Congress should restore the $500 billion that Obama’s healthcare reform plan removes from Medicare, and they believe overwhelmingly that the reform plan should be repealed.

Do you agree with President Obama’s plan to give amnesty to illegals and cut Medicare? You can vote by Clicking Here Now.

The nation’s economic condition is the issue that most concerns Americans, according to the Newsmax poll.

A majority of respondents say that cutting spending should be Congress’s top priority this year, followed by paying down the national debt.

Asked “What do you believe Congress’s top priority should be in 2011?” poll voters offered the following results:
1) Cutting spending: 53 percent
2) Cutting taxes: 7 percent
3) Paying down the national debt: 28 percent
4) Improving the nation’s security: 10 percent

What do you believe Obama’s and Congress’s priority should be — Click Here Now to vote.

Here are the poll questions and results (percentages do not total 100 because of rounding):

Do you plan on voting to re-elect President Obama in 2012?
Yes, re-elect: 27 percent
No, for another candidate: 69 percent
Not sure right now: 2 percent

Do you support President Obama’s desire to give 12 million illegal aliens amnesty and a path to citizenship?
Yes, I support Obama’s amnesty plan: 22 percent
No, I oppose it: 77 percent

Do you support the full repeal of President Obama’s healthcare plan Congress passed in 2010?
Yes, repeal it completely: 67 percent
No, don’t repeal it at all: 25 percent
No, repeal just parts of it: 7 percent

Should Congress restore $500 billion in Medicare benefits for seniors that the Obama plan cut?
Yes, restore the Medicare benefits: 81 percent
No, don’t restore the Medicare benefits: 18 percent

Do you still support President Obama for re-election? Let the media know — Vote by Clicking Here Now.

© 2012 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Obama Faces Tough Fight for 2012
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 06:32:08 AM by mybigGod » Logged

"The problem isn't that we have made the Gospel too good.The problem is we haven't made it good enough."
 Steve Brown, Key Life.
 Definition of Legalism
3. Attempting to be sanctified by one's own works
mybigGod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2012, 06:32:17 AM »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/nfp-big-miss-120k-expectations-205k-unemployment-82

The percentage is based upon the lower population that is working. lol

"The problem isn't that we have made the Gospel too good.The problem is we haven't made it good enough."
 Steve Brown, Key Life.
 Definition of Legalism
another beloved child of HIS

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2012, 04:45:07 PM »

and you forgot to mention that the website with the pole is a far right one....

Gallop might be a bit more in step with reality:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx

Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed.
Herman Melville
radioactive

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2012, 12:43:46 PM »

I find it interesting that when Republicans are elected president Republicans see it as God's will and any criticism of the Commander in Chief - no matter how justified - is disrespectful if not treasonous.

Even most of the Republican candidates this year claimed to have God on their side.

When a Democrat is in office God's will and sovereignty are doubted and criticism not only is legitmate but spreading lies and defamatory remarks are justified.

And no, I'm not a Democrat but an independent.

Yes, the left can be ugly and unfair but I believe the right is worse.

What happpend to respect for the office and civility?
mybigGod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2012, 01:28:06 PM »

Well i guess you could find good and evil in any ruler. So respect would be a balanced view of the leader. And then there really is no respect unless we see how the balance of power as it moves world events has nothing to do with earthly leaders but its God responding to the evils of the powerful. So in a sense our personal needs are less frustrated when we see that God does as He pleases so that we experience the freedom to give a balance view even to our political opponent. I mean there is a standard of accuracy.

There is a sense in which no matter what document you adhere to we still are subject to the power structures of this world as the rule of law. So you have a written document of law and then you have the reality of how power is exercised. If we compare it to just the constitution then I do not think we can be objective. Because the constitution is a document that argues for the personal rites of all individuals. Which in producing the protection of those rites we violate the spirit of the constitution by the shear weight of the economics to guarantee those rites.

So the power structures are really a description of those individuals who understand the freedom as personal that is represented in the constitution. And so it must be reduced to the communication of these power structures as God is lifted up. And we find that God has no equals when it comes to ruling the earth. Why does God use warning to the powerful as the agent to arguing for His right to rule? Because all men reduce the spirit of the law to demanding absolute authority. Its like God says i give a man a little freedom and he his eyes will grow to want the whole earth.

Its not natural for powerful men to condemn their actions as a necessary element in understanding true power. Or there is no real understanding of total depravity but its really worm theology. But in Gods world He demands absolute allegiance to this backwards way of ruling. lol And He says this by a clear reference to the kiss of a King. So in order to show allegiance to this King you must speak as He speaks about how power is exercised. And this King has a clear separation between heaven ruling and earthly rulers. This separation protects the poor by reducing the powerful from thinking they are gods to being just men. lol    
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 01:37:11 PM by mybigGod » Logged

Steve Brown, Key Life.
 Definition of Legalism
Lone Arranger

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2012, 12:00:19 PM »

I vote for Donald Duck.  He would be a stitch when he got mad and started hopping up and down and ranting on in Duck-eze, and since no one could understand him he'd never start any wars. 

He must also have come from a Christian family since, I've heard, his nephews' real names are named after bible books: Huey - Hebrews; Dewey - Deuteronomy; and Louie - Leviticus.

Donald Duck for Prez!   

...while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously. 1 Peter 2:23
jenni
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2012, 02:25:12 PM »

I want to step in for a moment.

I would not allow my children to continue to talk to each other and about each other the way that some of you have spoken in here.  I cannot imagine that God wants His to.

Please consider that honestly.  Politics are charged, and of COURSE we are going to disagree and argue hotly.  But that does NOT negate kindness, so keep the passion to the issues and away from the people that you don't even really know; that includes the candidates, but I am specifically referring to each other.  Ephesians 4:29-32.
Romanowicz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2012, 08:16:27 PM »

I hope that one day there would be no democrat and republican so all of us will be united as one.
JimR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2012, 05:11:15 AM »

That....will not ever happen.  For one thing, the moral issues are too divisive.

Please understand - I'm not saying that's a bad thing.   1 Cor. 11:19. 

« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 05:14:52 AM by JimR » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: